Chemical analysis of matrices for food use, both human and livestock, raw materials, semi-finished and finished products
The Laboratory has gained significant experience in carrying out chemical-physical analyses on a wide range of food products.
Aims of laboratory research:
- To check conformity with product classifications laid down by national and EU regulations
- To check the conformity of products for export to countries outside the EU
- To check conformity with the technical and trade specifications of companies and large-scale organised distribution
- To verify the safety of food products in relation to the current legislation on contaminants
Main analytical determinations carried out:
- Detection of pesticides:
Multiresidue analysis with more than 400 active molecules to assess conformity with current legislation with a short response time (possibly also within 24 hours) thanks to the latest analytical instrumentation.
- Detection of contaminants:
mycotoxins, heavy metals, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHS), PCBs, residues of plasticisers (phthalates), mineral oils.
Mycotoxins sought: aflatoxins, ochratoxin, zearalenone, Deoxynivalenol, trichothecenes in cereals and cereal products, animal feed and fatty substances.
- Detection of allergens and GMOs:
From the PCR technique to search for genetically modified organisms and allergenic substances in reference to Regulation 1169/2014.
Analyses aimed to wine trading:
- Alcoholic strength by volume
- Free and total Sulphur dioxide
- Volatile and total acidity
- Density and specific gravity
- Metals (Cadmium, Copper, Iron, Nickel, Lead, Zinc)
- Glucose and Fructose
- Analysis of nutritional parameters for labelling purposes;
- Shelf life tests
Chemiservice offers support to food companies and large-scale organised distribution to study the ageing of a food product under normal and/or accelerated conditions, for the entirety of its commercial life.
- Chemical analysis (pH, acidity, moisture, fat etc.)
- Microbiological analysis (total viable count, mycetes and pathogens etc.)
- Organoleptic analysis (appearance, smell, taste, consistency, colour etc.).
- Migration testing on food contact materials.